Thursday, February 19, 2009

Yummy Treat

One of my dearest, sweetest friends, (you know who you are, Susan!)
asked me to post this recipe for Frosted Banana Bars. Try them, you'll like them!

FROSTED BANANA BARS

1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
2 cups sugar
3 eggs
1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
Pinch of salt

Frosting:

1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
4 cups powdered sugar
2 tsp vanilla

In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs, bananas and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Pour into a greased 15 x 10 x1 baking pan (cookie sheet with lip). Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until bars test done. Cool. For frosting, cream butter and cream cheese in a mixing bowl. Gradually add powdered sugar and vanilla; beat well. Spread over bars. Yield: 3 dozen.

NOTE: I used a 15x10x2 glass baking dish. It worked fine.

2 comments:

  1. OMG - these are to die for! So yummy! I ate so many I could burst. What fun and thanks for sharing the recipe. Deserted island here I come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound good and bad! LOL I didn't know you had a blog! I found you from Lynette's! If you need help with blogger, let me know.

    ReplyDelete