Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Meet My Kids


I have been feeling the need to brag about my kids. I know, I know, it can be a little annoying to listen to a proud mother go on and on about her children. But that's why I thought it would be appropriate to brag here. If it gets annoying, just stop reading, right? Seriously, I named my blog Lorna's Happy Place, because I thought of that saying, "I'm going to my happy place" my profile picture is me driving, like I'm literally going to my happy place. Here, it's about what makes me happy...which according to all I've written so far, is cheer leading, and banana bars! So, I have been a mother for 28 years. I have been home with my kids. I've had some pretty interesting times raising them. One thing for sure, NEVER a dull moment! They are what I did with my life. While I tried to be a good mom, I fell way short, lots of times. And while they are not perfect people, they ARE perfect children. They are mine. So, here they are. One at a time. My babies.

First born, Leslie Amber
Born July 2nd 1981

Poor Leslie! She was the first born and therefore the child rearing Guinea pig! She had to endure all of our parenting mistakes! She was spanked (with the rod), grounded, and timed out, and none of it consistently! She was the oldest of 6. She babysat, diapered, fed, dressed, and entertained all her brothers and sisters! (sounds like I didn't do anything!) She was a good big sister, and a good mommy's helper. I should have known she'd be such a good Mommy herself! She has been married now for eight years. They have two boys, Ayden, and Trace. She has a home and family all her own, but she's still my baby Les. She has a heart that is sensitive to the things of God, and longs for Him to direct her path. She is creative, and artistic. She enjoys scrapbooking, card making, baking, and cooking. She loves horses, and other animals. She always has! She leads a Moms group at her church and likes to read. She is beautiful, and a talented writer. She's a good wife, and mom, and takes good care of her family. She does all of it without knowing how well she's doing it. I love the woman she has become.

1 comment:

  1. Mommy! You made me cry! You have always made me feel secure in your love for me. I have always known that Jesus loves me because you have allowed Him to love me through you. I have known a love from you that I know a lot of people have never experienced. I feel so very blessed to have you for a Mother. I hope I can love my kids the way that you love all of us. :)

    ReplyDelete