Thursday, March 12, 2009

Meet My Kids Part 4



4th Born: Kimberly Joann
February 6th 1989

Our fourth child was another girl. Poor Andrew! I however, was thrilled, and wanted a baby girl really bad. I had picked out a girls name only. I loved the name Tessa, it means the fourth, so I thought it was perfect. Shawn and I went around and around about baby names. His taste is so different than mine. We had to come up with something we could agree on. I don't think he ever liked the name so we continued to look for a compromise. And so Kimberly it was!

Kim was a beautiful baby, and a really cute little girl. She was always quiet and shy with people. Unless they were her family. With us she had a reputation for being quite LOUD! (She still is! Shhh!) She loves hanging out with "The Sisters" and they laugh and get loud, and have way too much fun together. They have been known to get a little crazy, and we have some pictures and videos to prove it! She is very loyal to her family, and jumps to the defense of any of them she feels are threatened. She is shy, but sure of her convictions, and has a deep faith in God. I admire her tenacity, her purity, and her desire to do what pleases God. She is seeking a career path, and has recently earned a certificate in Business Administration, which she may use as she continues with her education. She volunteers with our church youth group, and I think she really has no idea just how much she has to offer teen girls. She is a good role model, mentor, and example of a young life lived in faith. She is a lovely young woman, all and more than I prayed for her to be. I know as she continues to look to God he will direct her path. I am excited at the thought of all the possibilities: school, career, marriage, family, all or none of the above, I know God has a good plan for our little Kimmy JoNan!

2 comments:

  1. When my sister was pregnant with her 2nd child, if it was a girl, the name picked out was a Indian name (her dad is Cherokee Indian). I can't even remember. But we all thought "oh no"When my sister called from the hospital, she said it's a girl. I ask the name waiting for the worse & my sis said "Kimberly Ann". I remember saying "what where did that come from". Kimberly must be a good compromise for names.

    ReplyDelete