Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Meet My Kids Part 6


6th Born:
Megan Kelly

September 30, 1995

Poor Megan! Being the last of six, has proven to be a difficult position! Megan is reaping both the benefits, and the consequences of her birth order! Her name was easy. We just plain loved it! While I was pregnant with her, I wanted another girl really bad. So bad, that I was asking myself how I would deal with the disappointment of having another boy! I knew she would be our last, and I wanted another girl before I called it quits. I mentioned in my last post that I thought Taylor was our last baby, but, as the Lord would have it, we conceived again, and I was not exactly happy about it. I was just getting to an age with Taylor, where he was not needing me as much, and there was a little glimmer at the end of my toddler tunnel! I was looking forward to a little freedom. Freedom from diapers, and sleepless nights, and the constant care a baby requires. So, when the news came that we were going to have another baby, I cried. God was good, and within a week or so, I had embraced the idea, and was coming to terms with the fact that I wasn't out of the woods yet. I actually had begun to look forward to the arrival of another child. But one morning I woke up to a very crampy feeling, and started to spot. Waves of guilt and regret washed over me as I prayed for God to save our little baby. But, for reasons known only to him, we lost our 6th baby. As time went by, I was grieving and feeling the need to have another child. We waited for the green light from our Doctor, and started trying for another baby. We soon conceived, and Megan was on her way! To have another daughter was the icing on the cake!

Megan is quiet, and shy. She has a great sense of humor, and loves to laugh. She is a great writer, and aspires to be an Author. She is currently working on her first novel. She likes mystery and suspense and loves to solve "who dunnits". She has a sweet faith, and desire for God. She likes chocolate, and food in general. She's tenderhearted, and is kind to others, especially those she feels are mistreated. She enjoys time with her sisters, and loves when they include her in their craziness. Megan is a gift from God. We are thankful to God for the blessing she is, and trust he has wonderful plans for our Meggie.

1 comment:

  1. Touching story about the little one you lost.
    All your children are beautiful just like their mom & dad.
    When I first met you I thought for a long time you had 7 kids. I was surprised to find out you had six. I must have heard you share this story.

    ReplyDelete